31st March 2021
Job Title: Site Manager/Caretaker
Grade: Grade 4 (pts 7-10) £20,092 – £21,322 pa pro rata
Attendance: All year round
Start Date: ASAP
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Hillview Primary School is looking to employ a skilled, reliable and self-motivated Site Manager/Caretaker to take on this extremely important role within the school. The successful applicant will be committed to ensuring our school’s high standards are reflected in an inspiring, safe and well-maintained environment for children, staff and visitors. We are looking for someone with good practical skills who has had experience of managing educational buildings or transferable skills from another role.
Hours of work are: 5 hours cleaning, 15 hours caretaking total hours 20 hours per week
The post is paid on a Grade 4 Point 7 – 10. The post holder will receive 23 days holiday per year, plus 8 bank holidays.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ in order to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration. There are many aspects to this role and although this is not an exhaustive list, other duties will include:
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building
- Carry out and record statutory checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
- Maintenance of property and grounds to a high standard including liaising with contractors
- Monitor site stock
- Carry out DIY above and beyond the scope of a competent DIY person, completing more specialist work as required
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
- Be flexible in their working hours to meet the changing needs of the school
- Have good communication skills and be able to relate to children and adults well
- Be willing to undertake out of hours keyholder duties as required
- Be responsible for setting up and maintain work checklists, and running the cleaning team.
- Be able to balance health and safety obligations with the needs of the school environment.
Manual work is a daily requirement and, therefore, you will need to demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
Excellent communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, Governors, students, contractors and community users of the school is a requirement of the role. You are more than welcome to contact the school to discuss a possible informal visit if you would like an opportunity to see the School for yourself.
Applications should comprise a letter and a completed application form. The closing date for this position is 12:00pm on the 30th April 2021. Interview date 14th May 2021.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/jobs/opportunities-in-gloucestershire-schools , to download and complete the application form. Applications should be supported by a letter and either emailed via [email protected] to Mrs Cook or posted to the school.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 30/04/2021 12pm
Interview Date: 14/05/2021